Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Indolence

The title of this post may not be named correctly, as I'm not the one who just sitting on the couch while watching tv and eating chips. What I am trying to say here is, being lazy to study.

I've read from an article from Reader's Digest. It says that some careers are physically challenging, some are mentally challenging while the rest are emotionally challenging. But Medicine (the course I am taking), is all three.

So doctors should be trained to cope the stress since they were in medical school. That's why there are some professors and residents are being so mean towards the medical student like us.

Today, in the morning, a resident came into the class and he taught us the technique of doing physical examination on patient. But there was something made me feel quite uncomfortable. Instead of calling volunteers to do the examination, he chose to pick us randomly. And after the "chosen ones" finished doing their examination, he told the mistakes done by them in front of us all. Afraid of myself being chosen, I just kept staring down and tried not to make any eye contact with him.

From the bright side, it is good because we would know what we did wrong and we could correct our mistake so that we won't do it again in the OSCE exam. But from my deep side, telling someone's mistakes in front of others is quite inconvenient. It'll make you looked dumb and as if you totally don't know anything on doing physical examination.

When the another resident came and substituted him, I was so relieved. At least I don't have to keep my eyes staring at my both feet. But while he was telling us the mistake done by a friend of mine, he told us not to be frustrated when someone corrects our mistake. And then he said something about Sayyidina  Umar Al-Khattab, but I forgot what it was.

Okay, do you know why I was hoping that I wouldn't be chosen? Yeah, coz I know nothing! I don't know how to do the examination because I don't study. I had fever for several days and every nights I just felt like wanted to sleep and my brain can't focus studying. I don't study at all and I am not even get it starts.

I just hope that I will be more productive in studying and be more active in participating discussion in class. This common cold and flu makes me lazy/ Duh~


No comments: